Fluke 289 is a high quality, high precision, True RMS data logging multimeter. It is built to solve complex problems in plant automation, power distribution, electronics, and electro- mechanical equipment. The Fluke 289 has been well received by others who have purchased this multimeter and has received top star rating customer reviews from Amazon.com.
The Fluke 289′s data logging feature and graphing abilities can be used directly on the multimeter and allows a trend to be detected without actually having to download the readings data to a computer.
(If you are interest in the Fluke 289 and want the Flukeview forms and accessories, for a little more money you can purchase the Fluke 289 with the combo kit.)
The Fluke 289 can store up to 15,000 recorded events. The measurements made while out in the field can be named, saved, and then recalled later. A built in real time clock allows the 289 to automatically place a accurate time stamp on all of the saved readings which allows data to be viewed and analyzed based on the time of measurement. Trends can be detected directly on the meter which is very helpful while isolating problems while out in the field.
The display is a large 50,000 count 1/4 vga featuring a white back-light. Multiple sets measurement data can be displayed on the screen at the same time. Not sure how a function works and you are without the user guide? no problem. The 289 features built in help screens that can be accessed from it’s information (i) button. Function selection and navigation are a breeze with it’s soft keys and built in scroll button. The Fluke 289 allows the user to create custom displays and has a multi-lingual interface allowing it to be tailored to the individual needs of the user.
The Fluke 289 has a smoothing mode feature used when the input signal is rapidly changing or when the input signal has a lot of noise in it. Smoothing mode is a user select-able AC filter the helps the 289 display a more stable and accurate measurement reading.
Other things you may want to know
- Low impedance voltage prevents false readings due to ghost voltages
- data can be exported to a csv file
- Designed to meet csa, ul, tuv, ce agency approvals. Its also cat iii 1000 v cat iv 600v safety rated
- Batteries: runs on 6 AA alkaline batteries or neda IEC Ir6. runs for approximately100 hours and 200 hours in logging mode.
- Includes: manual, 6 aa batteries, set of tl71 silicone test leads, a probe holder, two ac72 alligator clips. Has an optional accessory 80bk-a integrated dmm temp probe w/ measurement range up to 260-degrees celsius.
The Fluke 289 is another great multimeter built by Fluke and is highly recommended to anyone in need of a high quality data logging multimeter.